Tuesday 20 March 2018

Retreat in Blackheath

I had a great time teaching about 60 lovely ladies over the course of three days at the Anne Sommerlad retreat in Blackheath.  
The venue was great and the food supplied by the Blue Mountains Rotary Sunrise group was delicious.


Plenty of room for three separate teaching areas for myself, Deborah Louie and Anne Sommerlad.



Here is Deborah’s stall of patterns displaying her work.


Anne’s display of patterns.  Very professional!



Here is my display.  All these patterns are available from my website.



Here I am demonstrating to one of my classes.  Many ladies had never tried English paper piecing so I was happy to share all my techniques.  
I think I might have made some converts!



The Community Hall was located in a beautiful park.  Just touches of autumn leaves turning.


I found some amazing mushrooms.


Here are Lynne, Denise and Christine showing progress made on their “Granny’s Garden” Folder Cover.



Rotary provided all of the catering and proceeds from the raffles went to Libby Bleakley’s project in East Timor, The Timor Learning Centre which includes a Sewing Centre for the local women to learn new skills and make some money from their sewing. Great work everyone.


My thanks to Anne Sommerlad for inviting me to teach at this retreat.  I had a great time!

1 comment:

  1. Retreats are always a wonderful time focused on a special project.......

    ReplyDelete